Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Mexican Prosciutto

From the offices of Catty Tasso:

In every city I try to get a little bit of gourmet food. When I see a supermarket I go straight to the delicatessen section and I fix myself a nice bagel with salmon and tomato. As everyone knows, girls eat healthier than guys, and since I'm the only girl in this 6 week tour (sharing with 2 more bands, all guys) it's a pain to get some good food when you have to decide where to eat next. Yeah, my bandmates like sausages, grease, meat, and bread. They don't care if they have coffee in the morning or if their water is cold or warm. So every "normal" request I have they look at me as if I was requesting something ridiculous.

Since we were in Mexico and all we could eat were tacos, I found myself buying some dry mexican meat in the gas station, on advice from my dear friend "La Rana". It tasted like prosciutto if you chewed it for a long time. The meat was so good that I ate the whole pack. Obviously I regretted it later because I started to think about what kind of meat that was. Some questionable one.

Later we had some quesadillas and tacos in Monterrey, next day too for lunch. Tacos and quesadillas, and after driving for 13 hours to get out of Mexico we were in Texas again, hungry and miserable, hopeless and angry. Nowhere to go at 3 am, we saw a "Taco Cabana" so we went in and ordered some disgusting shit. I tried to be good and order a salad. Bad choice. The lady that prepared it was so pissed off that i'm sure she spit on my lettuce. And she didn't use gloves (I wondered were those hands had been..)

I didn't eat it. So i'm still hungry and angry. Pipe and Rob order the most horrible meal I have ever seen. They got 12 breakfast tacos for 10 bucks. When they opened the tacos they looked like a ball of bad eggs in a flour tortilla. Smelled like crap. The other tacos had a ball of sausage inside wich looked like a throw-up. Rob ate two (can't believe it) and Pipe didnt eat any (which is a sign of how bad those were).

Anyways, as the days pass by I'm always on the look out for some smoked salmon, tuna salad, brie cheese with crackers, and from time to time a glass of some good merlot. That's how I keep myself alive in these vicious times.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you are one brave soul for eating that carne seca. just don't do it again. i know what kind of "meat" they use. ever heard of victims of el narcotrafico? yeah...LOL